STT is the site that the wind industry and its parasites just love to hate.
STT kicked into action on 26 December 2012: Boxing Day 2014 marked 2 years of giving the beleaguered wind industry and its dwindling band of parasites and spruikers hell.
Since then, we’ve clocked over 825,000 views and given our loyal readers over 970 posts – which spell out – in clear and simple terms – the economic and environmental nonsense that is wind power – and the harm caused to communities around the world by giant fans.
And, we keep picking up dedicated followers – 17,600 so far, from all corners of the globe, including a bunch of canny Scots, Canadians, Americans, English, Welsh, Irish, Cornish, Danes, Germans, Greeks and plenty from Downunder.
We’ve gone back through the archive and put together a veritable Smörgåsbord – just perfect for sharing – with links to some of our more important posts, on a variety of topics. Once you’ve had a snack, don’t forget to invite friends, family, politicians, council members and journalists to the feast of information laid out in bite-sized-morsels below; just send them the link to this post – or anything from the menu that takes your fancy.
Whether you’re here in Australia, Canada, the US, Scotland, Wales, England, Germany – future energy policy depends on you. Now is the hour. Get angry and make some political noise – who knows, they might even listen.
We’re not here to debate the wind industry – we’re here to destroy it.
Whatever “social licence” the wind industry might have had disappeared long ago. Rural communities around the world are fighting back to protect themselves, their farms, their businesses and their families: the sense of seething rage is palpable from rural communities in Australia, Ireland, the UK, Canada, the US and Europe.
The endless lies tossed up by the wind industry and its parasites just don’t wash anymore: these days, people are switched on to the fraud; and angry for having been taken for gullible country bumpkins.
Once reasonable people are introduced to the facts about the insane costs of intermittent and unreliable wind power they cease to support it.
When they learn of the senseless slaughter of millions of birds and bats, and the tragic suffering caused to hard working rural people by giant fans, reasonable people start to bristle.
But when they learn that – contrary to the ONLY “justification” for the $billions filched from power consumer and taxpayers and directed as perpetual subsidies to wind power outfits – wind power INCREASES CO2 emissions in the electricity sector – rather than decreasing them, as claimed – their attitude stiffens to the point of hostility to those behind the fraud and those hell-bent on sustaining it.
In our travels we’ve met plenty of people that started out in favour of wind power and turned against it. But we’ve yet to meet anyone who started out opposed to wind power, who later became a supporter. Funny about that.
Present the facts to reasonable people – and they’ll want to know how the scam got started in the first place and why it hasn’t been stopped in its tracks already?
So why not start with this tasty selection from our archive? It’s just made for sharing.
Wind Power Subsidies & Increasing Power Prices
- Professor Ian Plimer Slams the Great Wind Power Fraud
- Casualties of South Australia’s Wind Power Debacle Mount: Thousands Can’t Afford Power
- Victoria’s Wind Rush sees 34,000 Households Chopped from the Power Grid
- Institute for Energy Research Takes the Scalpel to the Great Wind Power Fraud
- When will the Wind Industry Stop Lying?
- Why Wind Power MWs Will Never Be Equal
- Lessons from Germany’s Wind Power Disaster
- Claims Wind Power now “Competitive” with Conventional Generators About to be Tested
- The Great Watt and Pole Swindle
- Bobby thumbed a “Diesel” down
- Nick Xenophon slams “reckless” CERES Project as an “economic kick in the guts” for SA
- Keith De Lacy: “New” Labor – Out to Punish the Poor & Get Rich
- ETSA: Sir Tom Playford’s Ghost
- ENRON now spelled A-G-L
- Wind Farms: Nothing More than Power-Grid-Parasites
- Want skyrocketing power prices? Just add Wind Power
- Wind Power Costs send Germans back to the Stone Age
- Why South Australians Pay the World’s Highest Power Prices
- Robert Bryce: Want to live in Stone-Age Poverty? Then tie your future to Wind Power
- Subsidising Wind Power: A Sure-Fire Job Killer
- Professor Ross McKitrick: Wind turbines don’t run on wind, they run on subsidies
- It’s only a RORT if you’re not in on it
Australia’s Large-Scale RET Debacle
- Wind Industry Armageddon: Power Retailers Win Round One in Battle to Kill LRET
- Labor, Greg Hunt & Australia’s Wind Industry Panic as LRET Set to Implode
- Ian Macfarlane, Greg Hunt & Australia’s Wind Power Debacle: is it Dumb and Dumber 2, or Liar Liar?
- Rearranging Deckchairs on the Titanic: or Ian Macfarlane’s Futile Efforts to Save the LRET & his mates at Infigen
- LRET “Stealth Tax” to Cost Australian Power Punters $30 BILLION
- Greg Hunt (“Dumb”) & Ian Macfarlane (“Dumber”) Out to Send ALL Australians Into Power Price Penury
- Nick Cater: the Mandatory RET the Greatest Rort of All Time
- Senator David Leyonhjelm: “Wake Up Clive!” – It’s Time to Kill the RET & Save the Poor
- The RET & the REC: the anatomy of a National fraud
- Australia’s Miners say: “Tony, it’s Time for the Great Big Toxic REC Tax to GO”
- Burchell Wilson: The RET is corporate welfare on a massive scale
- Power Punters Face $billions in “Fines” as Mandatory RET Deemed “Doomed to Fail”
The Wind Industry as a monumental ‘Ponzi’ scheme
- Pacific Hydro’s Ponzi Scheme Implodes: Wind Power Outfit Loses $700 Million of Mum & Dad Retirement Savings
- The Wind Industry: You Know It’s a ‘Ponzi’ Scheme When its Targets Include Schools & Councils
- 2 Year Old Siemens Turbines Falling Apart: Wind Farm Investors, Get Out While You Can
- Infigen Imploding: Puts US Wind Farms On the Market in Last-Ditch Attempt to Balance its Books
- More Wind Power Outfits Go Bust: “Farmer-Investors” Lose their Shirts in the US
- German Wind Power’s ‘Titanic’ Debacle: Bright Future for Coal Guaranteed, as Wind Power Investors Get Fleeced
Intermittent & Unreliable Wind Power
- Wind Industry’s Bogus Claims about “Powering” Millions of Homes Scorched
- South Australian Wind Power “FAILS”
- Wind Power Myths BUSTED
- More Australian Wind Power “FAILS”
- Where will you be when the lights go out for good?
- The Gambler
- The “Great Oz” has spoken: the wind will no longer be “intermittent”
- Herald Sun’s Terry McCrann: “The Climate Spectator’s a joke!”
- The Economic Storage of Wind Power is a Pipe-Dream
- Texas Blames Wind Power Slump on (you guessed it) … the Wind
- Germans Blame “Missing Wind” for their Wind Power Debacle
- Brits Rumble Frightening Energy Fact: Wind Power Depends on the (ur, ahem) Wind …
Noise, Sleep & Health Impacts
- Denmark Calls Halt to More Wind Farm Harm
- NHMRC Fails Science 101 in Continued Wind Farm Health Cover Up
- Three Decades of Wind Industry Deception: A Chronology of a Global Conspiracy of Silence and Subterfuge
- Steven Cooper’s Cape Bridgewater Wind Farm Study the Beginning of the End for the Wind Industry
- This Town is ‘coming like a Ghost Town: Wind Industry Buys Up & Bulldozes Whole Danish Villages
- Board of Health Declares Wisconsin Wind Farm a “Human Health Hazard”
- Wind Turbine Infrasound: an “Acoustic Trespasser”
- 21 Peer Reviewed Articles On the Adverse Health Effects of Wind Turbine Noise
- Industrial Noise – is always and everywhere a public health problem
- Sick Again – motion sickness sufferers cop it worst from giant fans
- What wind swindlers always knew about turbine noise – the technical stuff
- Hello – This is London
- Wind farms aren’t noisy, are they?
- Federal Government’s Mandatory RET pays Pac Hydro to Steal Sonia Trist’s Home
- Wind Turbine Noise: A “Psychopath’s Symphony”
- Prof Hansen: 11 good reasons why EPA noise guidelines are rubbish
- Danish High Court Orders Compensation for Wind Turbine Noise Victims
Wind Industry Lies, Corruption & Deceit (or just another day at the office)
- Why Coal Miners, Oil and Gas Producers Simply Love Wind Power
- The Wind Industry Knows No Shame: Turbines to Desecrate the Unknown Graves of Thousands of Australian Soldiers in France
- Australia’s Most Notorious Wind Power Outfit – Infigen – says “Move Over Pinocchio, Here We Come”
- Labor & the Australian Greens: Nasty & Stupid – the Original Energy Policy Pygmies
- Bye-Bye Barnyard: Mike Barnard’s Boss – IBM – Shuts Down the Wind Industry’s Most Rabid & Nasty Propaganda Parrot
- Crooks & Corruption Rule: What is it with the Wind Industry?
- Exposure of UK’s Wind Power’s Crippling Costs sees Britain’s “Greenblob” Turn to Doublethink & Doublespeak
- John “Marshall” Madigan Declares War
- Monsters Inc
- Mr Bond takes on “Futureye”
- Infigen Signals Its Own Demise – as the RET Review Panel Gets to Work
- Joe Hockey keen to scrap Infigen’s “utterly offensive” Lake George Wind Farm
- Outrage at AGL’s interference in Doctor-Patient Relationships
- What “Community” Wind Farms are really like
- Never Mind the Bollocks – here’s Vestas
- “Astroturfing” – how the real pros do it
- Why Intermittent Wind Power Increases CO2 Emissions in the Electricity Sector
Communities Fighting Back
- Turbine Hosts’ Lament: Hammered by Wind Power Outfits; Hated by Former Friends, Relatives & Neighbours
- Unwilling Turbine Hosts Set to Revolt, as NSW Planning Minister – Pru Goward – Slams Spanish Fan Plans at Yass
- Farmers Tell Wind Farm Developer to Stick its Turbines Where the Sun Don’t Shine
- Civil Actions: Wind Farm Litigation Breakout in the US
- Wave of Destruction: Ontario Wind Farm Neighbours in Open Revolt
- More MET Mast Mayhem: Community Defenders Drop Mast in Fight to Save Homes near Bangor, Maine
- How to Fight the Great Wind Power Fraud
- Wind Farms & “Community Division”: Tales from Rye Park (NSW) & Northumberland (UK)
- Texan Turbine Hosts Declare War on Developers
- Judge finds case to answer in Falmouth Nuisance Claim
- AGL’s Macarthur victims demand action from their Council
- Canadians Fight Back Against Ontario’s Wind Farm Onslaught
- Wind Power: Failing to “win hearts & minds” – or “when push comes to shove”
- Irish Uprising: Thousands Flood Dublin to Protest Against the Great Wind Power Fraud
- Australia – the wind industry’s “Vietnam”
Plummeting Property Values
- Banks Refuse to Lend for Properties Neighbouring Wind Farms
- Beggar Thy Neighbour
- Giant Fans: the new Scottish “Croft Clearers”
- The Smoking Gun: Giant Fans Cause UK House Prices to Collapse
- What price do you put on friendship?
- ‘Green’ Backed Bat Slaughter Hits Alberta: Wind Turbines Turning Bats’ Lungs to Mush
- US Wind Power Outfit Whacked with $2.5 million Fine for Rampant Golden Eagle Slaughter
- Bird Carcass Count proves AGL’s Macarthur Wind Farm is an Avian Slaughterhouse
- Scotland’s Toxic Shock: Wind Farms Poisoning Neighbours
- Not Content with Lying About its Bird Slaughter-Houses, Wind Industry Sues to Cover up Death Count Data
- Wind Power – the Poisoned Chalice
- I am James Lovelock
- Wind Farms: Where Eagles Dare
- Twitchers given rare treat by turbine
- The wind farm industry’s licence to kill
- Who put the “Clean” in “Clean” Energy Council?
- Since giant fans went up – only the bravest drink from my well
Turbine Dangers: Bushfires, Exploding Turbines, Flying Blades & Risks for Aircraft
- Victorian Country Fire Authority’s Claim that Wind Turbines Not Combustible Scorched
- Tumbling Turbine Terror Continues: Another One Bites the Dust – this time it’s Ireland’s Turn
- Wind Industry In Freefall: Wind Turbines Keep Dropping Like Flies & Hard Hats Won’t Help
- BUSHFIRE RED ALERT: Wind Power Really Is Setting the World on FIRE
- Gravity Bringing Wind Power to its Knees: Blades Keep Flying, as Farmers & Schoolkids Learn to Run & Duck for Cover
- New Wave of Turbine Terror: Brits Brace as Giant Fans Keep Collapsing
- Life in the “throw zone”
- Logic: not found on other planets?
- Remember the days of the old school yard?
- 4 killed as Plane slams into Giant Fans in South Dakota
- Alby Schultz spells out the dangers caused to flyers by IWTs
REAL (ie “On-Demand”) Renewable Alternatives
- The Water of Life: Can the Fans and Upgrade the Dams
- The Snowy Scheme: Time to Do it Again
- Geothermal: a REAL Renewable Alternative
- Wind power fraud “Voortrekker”: Niall Ferguson called it years ago
STT went about this work for our Country – not for any reward – save knowing that we will help spare thousands from the misery of living with incessant, turbine generated low-frequency noise and vibration – as well as helping to obtain an energy policy that works FOR Australia – not AGAINST us – as the current policy clearly is.
Thanks for your support – together – we will win this.
14 thoughts on “STT’s Smörgåsbord: A Selection from the Archive”
Thank you for your wonderful site STT.
This industry has never been interested in the welfare of the neighbours whose lives and homes they have made a living hell.
They are not interested in truth or honest investigation of adverse impacts.
Time for them to be held to account for their criminal actions for knowingly harming citizens health and well-being.
West Texas has been struck with the abomination of “wind power” with those large, whirling contrivances of destruction. There’s no environmental benefit. The cost of producing them, maintenance, lubrication, replacement parts, one might as well build a nuclear reactor. If funds wasted on these monstrosities had been used on developing a real source of natural energy, mankind would have been better served. It would be easier to harness lightning.
Great site indeed, is there anything similar to this regarding Solar?
We doubt that there is an equivalent site dealing with solar. STT does recognise some key differences between wind and solar.
Both large-scale wind and solar are simply subsidy schemes involved in the transfer of wealth from power consumers/taxpayers to their operators/investors; which do not provide meaningful power (ie available on demand) – they will never survive without government mandates, fines, penalties and/or massive subsidies.
However, there is a place for small-scale solar in remote/rural locations which – if set up with storage and generator backup as “stand-alone” systems – can avoid the cost of building and/or maintaining grid connections and, therefore, create a net-economic benefit. The cost/benefit is such that this can be done with no need for subsidies. If STT is not paying for it through subsidies; and if it avoids higher network costs then we can’t complain.
For more on stand-alone solar, see our post here: https://stopthesethings.com/2014/06/15/queensland-says-time-to-scrap-the-renewable-energy-target/
Tall bloke, it’s me. Fred Banks, the leading academic energy Economist in the World. Great to know that you are hip to this windpower scam. So am I. One other thing, I am finishing my book ENERGY ECONOMICS: A MODERN FIRST COURSE. Should I refer to you as tall bloke, or do you have a bourgeoise moniker?
Reblogged this on Tallbloke's Talkshop and commented:
A great resource for use against the wind farm blight. Well done STT.
The Australian taxpayer is going to give the CERES guru back to Athens with a note “we apologise for ever taking him.”
A really brilliant idea placing all the relevant data in an easy to access location right at the top! And all nicely categorised too!
Saves having to search for data when I have visitors or interested parties who need educating. Even disinterested persons cop it too.
A very helpful addition to your site SST.
Thanks so much for your tireless work in revealing the shocking truth about this disgusting industry and the callous parasites profiting from it.
Great stuff. Keep fighting, keep slapping the weasels back and we will win this.
Much applause to STT.
A couple of years ago we had difficulty knowing where to look to ascertain just how utterly corrupt and dishonest the wind industry is.
What we found, and that includes the warriors of STT, was difficult to comprehend. In the beginning it was difficult to even find/understand where the subsidies were coming from and how and why. We have come a long way since then.
The wind industry is a remnant of the very same practices that led to Y2K and the ‘greed is good philosophy’ that led us to the global financial crisis. Invent a problem of biblical proportions, create a solution and sell, sell, sell it. A simple premise, but a very effective one. The same used by religions and control groups throughout the eons of time. Scare the bejesus out of people, but do not give them too much information. Doom, gloom and catastrophe. Yep that’ll do the trick.
Having read some RET review submissions and in particular the submission from Suzlon/RePower/Senvion with regards to the Yorke Peninsula Ceres Project, one is left to ponder what a joy it would be to sit in on one of their board/project meetings.
On one hand, CEO Chris ‘pretty boy’ Judd is suggesting the RET review is making it damn near impossible to attract investors and if the RET is watered down or dismissed altogether, then it is ‘game over’.
At the same time we have Peter ‘pugsly’ Sgardelis, the project manager of CERES stating that the RET review really doesn’t matter to the sound business plan of CERES.
How on earth these morons were given the opportunity in the corporate sector has me stumped. They most certainly would not survive in the farming sector, of which I am a part. Why?………. They lack integrity. They are prepared to say anything that will be beneficial to their remuneration, and they have no idea of what it is to ‘know your limitations’.
In comparison, the Heartland Farmers and the majority of local citizens (including a unanimous vote from Yorke Peninsula local government) voted against CERES.
Why? Because, although it may take time for the peaceful, sleeping giant to emerge, but when it does – and it always will – truth, integrity and the idea of a fair days graft for a fair days remuneration will prevail.
We know that the hucksters of the CERES project are prepared to say anything to the local farmer parasites, of which I am surrounded. We know that chief parasite, Terry Kallis, Of Petratherm notoriety is desperate for CERES to happen, as Petratherm is about to implode.
Keep up the good fight STT, for it will only be justice to see these scumbags destroyed.
Thank you STT, for collating that list. I am often looking for previous articles that you have posted on various topics, this will make it much easier.
Thank you also for providing this site, it has been an invaluable source of information for all of us.
The pro wind mob are fast running out of options and have their backs to the wall, you can tell that by the rubbish they are coming out with on their blogs and in their publications, in fact some of it is just straight out lies.
Keep up the good work, STT, we will win, we are well on the way to winning already.
A great Sunday Smörgåsbord, STT.
We’re some of the canny Scots and we just love the dedication of you guys.
We’re looking for you to support the secondment of Tony Abbott and his men to the UK when he’s finished with the wind weasels in Australia. You’ll undoubtedly have heard that the Scottish Government has just given the green light to the trashing of the most iconic of Scottish landscapes – Loch Ness
Love your work. Busily preparing EPBC submissions on the Mount Emerald catastrophe planned for Far North Queensland, your smorgasbord has arrived just when I need to gorge on these facts and stats!