Germany’s power grid is on the brink of collapse, thanks to chaotically intermittent wind and solar; a complete power supply failure is just a heartbeat away.
As winter bites and power use soars, dead calm conditions mean there is little or no wind power and solar panels crusted in snow and ice are producing nothing much at all.
Anyone keen to know what our ‘inevitable transition’ to an all wind and sun powered future might look like, here’s a peek at what’s coming, courtesy of No Tricks Zone.
Power Supply Fiasco: Green Energy Blackout Hits Germany! Fossil Fuels To The Rescue
No Tricks Zone
9 January 2021
The denial of electrical power may even be necessary soon in the future, anyway – like it was in communist Romania in the wonderful Ceausescu days. Just look at how Germany’s 50 GW – yes, gigawatts – of solar power have performed since January 1st.
The dark blue curve depicts Germany’s total electric power consumption, which ramped up again Sunday evening, January 3rd, as factories started up again. The yellow shaded nubs depict the solar energy produced over the period, same as nothing.
Over the past couple of days, many installations have been blanketed by snow.
Germany’s weather has been much more overcast and gray recently, including periods of low wind activity. Let’s look at how solar power has performed over the past 45 days:
This is the plan that sleepy-brain Biden and the left-wing environmental crazies want to implement for America. No wonder they want to censor us, when we present the reality.
When we include wind power, with another 60 GW of installed capacity – total 110 GW with sun – we see the following performance.
Image cropped from Agora.
Though it looks much better, the combined massive 110 GW of installed wind and solar capacity don’t even come close to meeting Germany’s electricity demand. There are some periods where both are practically absent.
It’s no way to operate a power grid. Germany’s power grid, once one of the most stable worldwide, is headed for ruin. America should not mimic such a fiasco.
No Tricks Zone
Europe’s Near Electricity Black Friday Was Triggered In France Due To “Polar Cold Wave”
No Tricks Zone
A further analysis of last Friday’s European near power blackout shows that the problem had begun already one day earlier in France, due to cold weather, says a German expert.
At wind energy protest group Vernunftkraft Bayern, Jörn Künzle provides background on what was behind Europe’s near blackout last Friday, January 8, 2021.
Disturbance began in France
Quoting energy expert Dr. Michael Schneeberger, “The disturbance in the European grid was triggered in France. Already on January 7, France’s RTE (Le Réseau de Transport de l’Électricité) was forced to take essential parts of the electricity-intensive industry off the power grid. The RED alert level was ordered for the entire network of France.”
The following reasons were decisive, according to Michael Schneeberger’s research:
1) The polar cold wave occurred earlier than meteorologically expected, with low temperatures for France.
2) Due to delays for new rules by the corona management, 13 nuclear power plants are currently not on the grid.
3) Despite fierce EDF warnings, the Macron government (German influence, Merkel/Greens) shut down the 2 Fessenheim units (both fully operational, i.e. almost 2 GW thus additionally missing).
4) CONSEQUENCE: Therefore, beginning Thursday, power had to be imported massively at very high prices,
a) with continental high pressure situation, there is no wind (and this in whole Europe),
b) with an installed capacity of 57 GW wind energy, the available capacity was less than 1000 MW (as is well known, there is little sun even in January / ignored by politicians).
5) So on January 8, the RTE called on the French population to switch off electrical devices, heaters and charging units, but that, however, was not continuously adhered to.
6) Therefore the only remaining possibility was to intervene using area-wide shutdowns or by lowering the mains voltage by approx. 5% (there has been no comparable situation in France in 60 years).
7) Germany was unable to offer any assistance, that was the trigger for a separation of the European grids by ENTSO for stability reasons.
8) It then took a good hour to stabilize the frequency again.
9) Southern Germany. Bavaria and Austria could be kept stable, thanks to the Czech Republic grid (the Temelin and Dukovany nuclear power plants were in full operation).
- February 2021 is still to come, with even lower temperatures.
- Also interesting is that Poland has requested Germany to restart the nuclear power plants immediately, otherwise the electricity power supply would be massively at risk.
A similar incident occurred in November 2006 when ten million households in Western Europe had to be disconnected from the power grid.
On Saturday we posted on how wind and solar energies have been mostly AWOL over the past weeks in Germany (see above). For the period from January 6 to 9, we see that Germany’s massive 110 GW of installed wind and solar capacity were delivering near nothing, thus straining the grid in these times of cold weather.
One thought on “Blackout Bombshell: Unreliable Wind & Solar Delivering Europe’s New Dark Ages”
Germany’s RE movement owes its birth to SS officer August Hausstleiter, creator of the Greens, and its genesis in the continuing Hitler Youth movement based on believing ‘ordinary people’ are unable to appreciate the natural environment.
That Germany is subjecting its population to horrendous conditions, suggesting destruction of ancient forests to put in more turbines, while buying its shortfall from France’s nuclear power, suggests it wants to lead us all down a Third Reich path to destruction: If you can’t beat them destroy them.
All those wanting to go down the gurgle with Merkel join hands.