This page will contain a summary of the fight to halt the spread of wind turbines in Europe.
(The pro wind industry says all these groups across the world are just one big astro-turf campaign by the fossil fuel industry. What a bunch of silly old duffers they are if they think anyone believes that.)
European Platform Against Windfarms – was founded in Paris on October 4th 2008 by a small number of federations, associations and other groups from four EU countries. It now has 566 member-organisations, from 24 countries (individuals cannot become members).
The aim of EPAW is to defend the interests of its members which are either:
- opposing one or more wind farm proposals;
- or questioning the effectiveness of wind farms as a tool for solving the problems of man and the planet;
- or defending the flora, fauna and landscapes from damage caused by wind farms, directly or through environmental degradation such as erosion, water contamination and bush fires;
- or generally fighting against the damaging effects of wind farms on tourism, the economy, people’s quality of life, the value of their properties and, increasingly often, their health;
- or a combination of the above.